Friday, September 30, 2011

September Book List

I knew once the sports got into full swing my reading time would be cut.  Lucky I got ahead over the blissfully relaxing summer!

Adrenaline by Jeff Abbott. This was another Harlan Coben recommendation for summer reads.  I like thrillers as much as the next girl, but this was an over-the-top, stretch your willing suspension of disbelief to the limit, jump the shark thriller.  Maybe I just wasn't in the mood.

The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon.  This was an incredibly touching book about how people with disabilities were once treated.  It broke my heart thinking of how far we've come in a few generations, but how many stories just like this one took place to get here. 

Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell.  I had seen the movie - and loved it - but had never read the book.  While they were slightly different, I really enjoyed both equally.  This is a book I can imagine reading over again, because it made me want to try new things in the kitchen.  I remember feeling the same way after watching the movie, and thinking it would be a good one to own so you could watch it when you just can't face dinner one more night.

That puts me at forty-six books in thirty-eight weeks.  Six more in three months to hit my goal will be a breeze!

What are you reading?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...