Saturday, September 10, 2011

Holiday Grand Plan Week 3 - Come On In!

It's Week 3 of the Holiday Grand Plan!  Coming to you one day early in honor of the National Day of Service tomorrow.

Last week was moderately successful.  My office is not deep cleaned.  I know.  You're stunned.

The good news is that I got a batch of chicken broth into the freezer and purchased my extra baking supplies.

Moving on, let's look at our to-do list for this week:
  • Deep clean entry/foyer.  This is not a major issue at our house, but  I do use this week every year to go through the coats, hats, gloves, and scarves to determine what needs cleaning, mending, or replacing, and what can be handed down or given away.  I also de-clutter the hall closet for those few days a year when guests actually have to wear coats.
  • This is the week we start making a holiday treat to share in addition to our freezer friendly meal.  Those recipes will (fingers crossed) appear on Tuesdays for the next ten weeks.  I would love for you to share your own favorite gifts from the kitchen.
  • There is also the instruction this week about buying double canned goods each week and storing them for a donation and your holiday menus.  I used to do this, but realized that 1) I use very few canned items in my menus and 2) food banks are most in need at other times of the year (like now).  Since all three of my kids' schools have food drives at times NOT near the holidays, I just buy a few extra when I find a good sale and donate then.
Are you working along with me?  Link up and let us know what you're up to!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...