And speaking of challenges, I presented our annual guild challenge last Monday night. It was completely and totally inspired by this post from Allison at Within a Quarter Inch. After reading it, I realized that:
- I've been dying to make a house quilt. I tried to get the WannaBees to do a group one, but got outvoted.
- I've been saying I was going to make a quilt for Quilts of Valor for awhile, but it kept getting bumped to the bottom of the list.
- I needed a challenge for the guild that was inspiring without being so specific or out there that no one participated.
Our 2010 CES Challenge is:
- Size: any. If donating to Quilts of Valor, please see their website for their guidelines.
- Design: must include a home on the front of the quilt. This doesn't have to be a traditional house; it might be an igloo or a bird's nest. Anything you can defend as a "home."
- Color: must have a recognizable amount of the color on your paint swatch, chosen at random.
- Due: November 1, 2010.
What is your favorite way to give back to the community? What is your favorite charity to quilt for, and why?
Have a great weekend!