Friday, August 19, 2011

A Day With the WannaBees - Back to School

Yesterday the WannaBees got together for the first time in a long time.  Summer is a real challenge, so we are pretty sporadic in June and July.  But the kiddos are back in school so it's time to quilt!

It was a very back-to-school episode of the WannaBees.  It's amazing how different we all are and yet have so much in common.  The conversation covered new preschoolers, home schooling, charter schools, and one sweet girl who is leaving for college today.  Good luck C!

We also welcomed our newest member, Laura.  She is a former art teacher like Ben, so I can't wait to see what she comes up with.  

Somehow I forgot my camera, but you can check out a few pics of what Ben has been working on over at Jodi's blog, On Forward Motion.  I love the one block wonder that Ben made.  Can you see the fish?

Jodi was doing some wool applique, Vicki showed off a gorgeous Block of the Month top she just finished, and I was doing some piecing for a project I'm going to show you soon.  But mostly it was just good to get together and catch up.

I hope you have time this weekend to sit and sew with friends.  It is truly a blessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...