Friday, September 5, 2014

Fitness Friday - To Tell the Truth

It's Fitness Friday with OzzyPip and Sandy and it's time for truth or dare.

I haven't mentioned this until now, but twelve weeks ago I had some pretty major surgery. Luckily it was also routine and everything turned out exactly as it should. I'm fine; in fact, I'm better than I have been in a couple of years. The #twilters who pay attention to these things might have noticed that I was a little off my game. Not that I had a lot of game to begin with!


So anyway, I was out of work for six weeks and under some physical restrictions for four more. I'm now officially all cleared. Basically, it's time to get off the sofa.

While I was out of work, The Pit Boss was amazing about cooking healthy meals and taking such good care of me. I actually lost a few pounds, despite the fact that I was spending most days alternating between bed and the couch, mainlining all six seasons of The Sopranos and Nurse Jackie. (It wasn't as dark as it sounds.)

Now, though, I'm back to work, back to eating lunches out (Oh Em Gee! Have you tried Chicken Salad Chick?), birthday cake in the break room, and coming home exhausted. Between trying to rebuild my stamina and the start of school craziness, I've let more than a couple of Menu Plan Mondays slip away and eaten one too many Village Burgers.


So those few pound I lost? I found them. Plus some of their friends.

There is some good news, though. TPB is my hero. This week, after we skipped the grocery store again, he went after work on Tuesday and has cooked every night this week. It's been such a relief and pleasure to come home to a healthy dinner every night! To top it all off, he's gotten me out and walking after dinner several times. At first, I couldn't even go a mile before I had to stop. He'd drop me off at home and go back out for the rest of his walk. I'm getting better - this week I've broken 10,000 steps twice! I haven't done that in months. Tuesday night we walked together at the park for about 2 1/2 miles at a pretty decent pace, and I didn't even die.

Now I've told the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I dare you to post your own Fitness Friday and go link up with Pip!



2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I didn't notice your drop in stats. Good to hear that you are feeling better and starting to move again and get your groove on. It is beaut to have a walking partner. My Fixit Guy walks with me twice a day now that he has retired, unless I am walking with my friend. Its great to have some one on one time with him. Mind you its just the two of us at home now but this is a time when we are together. He is very quiet though so sometimes we walk the whole way not chatting and other times I start gabbing on and talk to (at) him the whole way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are well and back in the game. Sorry that whatever it was you had to go through it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...