Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Queen of the UFOs - AGAIN!

Remember last year how I was crowned queen of the UFOs over at Stashbusters? Well, believe it or not, I got an email from Ellen on December 18 saying that I was the newly crowned queen and that I had to have a finish by Christmas Day!  What is up with that?

Last year I was fine because I had finished my mom's quilt in time for Christmas, but this year?  Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  

I was bemoaning the fact that I was going to owe another fat quarter penalty (which I wouldn't mind so much except for the going to the post office part) and criticizing myself for not finishing one more project.  I decided to go ahead and make my list for this year when - Hallelujah! - I realized that I had never sent her my Green Guild Challenge.   The one I never took pictures of?  Yeah, that one.  It's also called Pam's Gift on my UFO list, and I had never checked it off.  I took a quick phone picture and sent it off to avoid the penalty.  Phew!

Anyway, it's time once again to face the music and list my UFOs and projects for the year.  Sadly, many are still on the list from last year and the year before that

What I got completed: (YAY!)
UFOs that never made it off the list: (Boooo!)
  • 2010 Guild Home Challenge
  • Cut Ups 4" Block Swap
  • Halloween Round Robin
  • Christmas Round Robin
  • Jewel Box Jacket
  • Breast Cancer Ribbon Quilt
  • Purple Medallion
  • Winnie the Pooh/Lazy Crazy
  • President's Quilt
  • Purple Block Swap
And - the list I'm most proud of - new projects that need to be finished:
  • NONE!  Nada!  Zip!
While I still have ten lingering UFOs to finish, the list didn't grow at all.  That's progress no matter how you slice it.

I also have no new projects that have to be done this year.  No babies on the way, no graduations, and no big birthdays.  Every bed in my house (and in my mom's house) has a quilt or two.  I can focus on my UFOs and projects I want to do.  If I can even get that UFO list cut in half by December I will be happy. 

So 'fess up.  What does your UFO list look like?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...