Sunday, January 15, 2012

Studi-O-rganization - This Time It's Serious!

So it's January and you know I'm going to be yammering on about how "I'm going to get organized once and for all this year," right?  Right.

studi-o-rganization

I got all excited about Allison's Studi-O-rganization challenge, which she issued and then promptly went on vacation.  But now she's back and inviting guest bloggers to write about fabric storage.  You mean it isn't supposed to be piled neatly on the floor? 

 I know, I know, I say this every year.  And every year I mean it.  Every year I'm hopeful.

But this time it's serious!  You know why?  Because this time it's not up to me.

I didn't share this before because it was still grossing me out at the time, but on New Year's Eve we had a plumbing emergency.  The bad kind.  The kind you call in professionals to clean up.  That's all I'm going to say about that.  We had plumbers and "mitigation experts" at our house until 6:30 pm on New Year's Eve.  You know what's more expensive than a plumber on a weekend?  A plumber on a holiday weekend!

Luckily only a small area of the house was damaged, and luckily very little of our stuff was damaged.  Luckily we didn't have to move out of the house, and we were only without water for a few hours.  Luckily we have insurance.  However, it seems that a small amount of damage can be a lot of work to fix.  There is drywall to patch and paint, and a whole lot of carpet to replace.

To make a long story short(er), we are going to do some other work while we have the contractors here and the house is torn up anyway.  That means packing up all my studio.  Everything.  And if I'm going to go to that kind of trouble, I might as well sort it all out and figure how to store it beautifully and neatly when I unpack. 

So I'm spending a little too much time on Pinterest fantasizing about my perfect sewing space doing research about the most efficient way to store my fabric and tools. 

I'm so open to suggestions and cannot wait to see the posts over at Within a Quarter Inch. 



1 comment:

  1. All my boxes have moved to my new house. When I get there next week I get to start arranging the studio space. I'm so excited to be able to start from scratch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...