Friday, January 27, 2012

Folding Fabric

Since I have to pack up my studio, I decided that this is as good a time as any to change my fabric storage method. I've been looking through my favorite blogs and searching Pinterest for ideas, and decided to try out the comic book board method.

Allison wrote about this, but I was reluctant to spend the money on boards.  I was looking at the number of boards Allison needed and assuming my stash was similar to hers.  Once I actually counted, though, it looks like my overwhelming stash is only about one tenth of Allison's!  (confidential to the Pit Boss:  Looking pretty good now, huh?)

I also had no idea that there was a comic book store nearby.  I have never heard of or seen one around, and couldn't believe it when google told me that there was one practically within walking distance, one I drive past at least once daily.  And they had the boards!  I ran over there and picked up a hundred to get started.

Let me tell you, it's addictive.  I've wrapped fifty of the boards so far, and I'm probably about a third of the way through my yardage.  I love how the fabric looks and how little space it takes up.  This is just a start, but here's how it's going so far:


Pretty!  Right?

Also, just because the words "comic book store" make me think of The Big Bang Theory:




3 comments:

  1. It is addicting isn't it! Then when you buy new fabric you know you've got to come home and wrap it up!! Kind of puts the kaibosh on buying yards and yards of fabric you don't really need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the same thing. I bought a case of the inserts on the internet and am on my third pack of 100. It really makes a difference.
    I wish i had found the comic book store. Shipping on a case of the inserts was $30. Still that's six cents each as opposed to the Polar Fleece version.
    I've found fabric I didn't know I had or I had forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good with the fabric folding. Will you be putting the mini bolts on book shelves?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...