Sunday, January 8, 2012

Modern Blocks Quilt Along - Polaroid

Today on the Modern Blocks Quilt Along I made the Polaroid block by the book's editor, Susanne Woods.


This block spoke to me from the moment I saw it.  I love using photographs in quilts.  I decided to use my mom's favorite picture from when my brother and I were little and make it into a Valentine's Day pillow.  It's hard to see, but those corner squares are really a pale, mottled pink.  I have a pink, white, and red fabric all picked out for the backing. 

This has me thinking about a whole quilt design of these blocks in various sizes and scattered across the page like in an old scrapbook.  I would love it even more if I could find a silver pen to write captions like The Pit Boss's Papa used to use.  He kept incredibly beautiful, detailed photo albums with dates and milestones recorded in his gorgeous calligraphy.  

What picture would you put in the middle of this block?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...