Monday, January 30, 2012

Modern Blocks Quilt Along - Turnaround

Today's Modern Block is Turnaround by Monique Dillard.


This is one of the more intricate blocks, but so fabulous!  I love the motion of it, and think it would be an awesome one made into a whole quilt or used as an alternate block to create a cool secondary pattern.  Are there any blocks that come to mind that would be a good pairing with this one?  Let me know what you think!

My one bit of advice is to trim away the excess fabric from your flying geese units to reduce the bulk.  Also, lay it out on your sewing table with the picture.  If you look at mine and the original, you will see that I turned my center unit the wrong way.  I don't think it particularly matters, but it is easy to do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...