Thursday, April 10, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Happy Birthday Keira and Alli

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.  Today I'm sharing a pair of quilts made for my cousin's twin girls back in 2005.

 When we found out there were not one but TWO precious girls on the way, Mom and I got together to decide what quilts to make. We didn't want to make two exactly the same, but we wanted them to be connected. I decided to use a favorite for baby girl quilts, the Baby Tears quilt from PS I Love You Baby Collection by Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith. I first made this quilt back in 1998 for my goddaughter, and I just love the pattern.


We found this beautiful line of sweet, girly fabric in two colorways, as well as a faint white on white check for the background. I pieced both tops and gave them to mom for hand quilting. I love the finished quilts, and the girls love them too. I have received several pictures over the years of them, and am so excited that their family recently moved a little closer.

I can't believe these girls are nine years old this week. Happy birthday, Twinkies!

Now I want to see your blast from the past.  Link up and let us all see!





1 comment:

  1. What sweet quilts and such cuties they are. What a treasure they have from you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...