Sunday, November 3, 2013

Holiday Grand Plan - Week 10 - Time to Pay the Piper

Holiday Grand Plan

It's time for Week 10 of the Holiday Grand Plan, and we've made it past the half way point.  It was a great week, and a big part of being able to enjoy it was the work we've done so far.  My first week of work went well; everyone was so welcoming and friendly. 


Then my big boy arrived home on Wednesday for his fall break, and it was so great to have all my chicks in the nest again.  I slept great for the last four nights!  We celebrated Halloween with some wonderful friends, then watched the high school football team win against their crosstown/region rival by one point in a nail biter. 

Yesterday we celebrated my MiL's birthday and an early Thanksgiving with The Pit Boss's family.  It was delicious!  We finished it off watching the 'Noles beat Miami.  I'm exhausted but so happy!


This week is supposed to be for deep cleaning the family room, but remember back on Week 2 when I did the family room instead of my office?  Yeah, now it's time to pay the piper and get my office under control.  And not a moment too soon!  After a summer of working from home, it's due. 

My freezer meal this week will be my marinated flank steak.  We are supposed to have some spectacular fall weather this week, with sunny days and highs in the low 60s.  I want to enjoy grilling out a few more times before it turns chilly.

As far as goodies to share, I'll be doing some replacing this week.  We ate up the Peanut Butter Fingers yesterday along with all of the other desserts Gracie, Mom and I made. 

During my lunch break from work one day, I hit a toy store and found two more gifts to ship to California.  I'm almost ready to get that box wrapped and packed.  It's the only thing I mail for the holidays, and it feels good when it's ready to go.

Now I have another question for you who work outside the home: do you buy a gift for your boss?  Coworkers?  Where do you draw the line, and what are some of your best ideas? 



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going really well! Good for you!

    I typically bring candy early in the morning and leave small amounts on folks desks. I find that generally they dont actually WANT the candy, but appreciate the gesture. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...