Sunday, November 10, 2013

Holiday Grand Plan - Week 11 - Thinking of Thanksgiving

Holiday Grand Plan

It's Week 11 of the Holiday Grand Plan and we staring down Thanksgiving!

Luckily for me, Thanksgiving is at Mom and Dad's, so I don't have to do too much to get ready.  Unless Batman shows up early, in which case all bets are off.  Each year I make a turkey, a pie or two, and occasionally a side dish. 

It's very casual, so I don't have to get hung up on holiday clothing.  We like to be comfortable, so my only rule is that everyone has to wear a clean nice shirt.  In my humble opinion, holidays should not feel like more work than work.

Deep cleaning this week is supposed to be the garage and storage areas.  That is a mixed bag for me.  Cleaning out the garage would be a fantastic idea.  I typically save the storage area cleaning for when the Christmas decorations are out of it and when I am putting them back.  Unless you want to talk about the unfinished room in the basement where the furnace is, which I definitely do NOT.  Ugh.

My treat to share will be the Cranberry Bread I told you about yesterday.  I'm thinking of making it in mini loaf pans to share with my team at work.

For my freezer meal this week, I think I'm going to try my MiL's chicken and dumplings.  I've never made them because she makes them and brings us the leftovers, but this would be a wonderful dinner to have on hand when Deuce is home for his Christmas break.  If it works out, I'll share the recipe.  Remind me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...