Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Star Surround Quilt Along - Half Square Triangles

First things first. I'm sorry to report that fellow quilter Gerry Largay, missing from the Appalachian Trail in Maine, has still not been located.  Please click here to see the most recent details and visit the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife Facebook page for updates.  Please continue to share across social media channels...and pray.


It's time to start sewing our Star Surround blocks and  I'm so excited!

I love when you first start assembling blocks and get the first glimpse of how the fabrics will play together. 

One other thing I have found today is that, since the steps are so small (at least for the 40" single block) and so spread apart, that I'm taking my time and enjoying the moment more.  Process over product, right?

I even took the unusual unheard of step of pressing my seams open as Melissa suggests for the Fabric #1/Fabric #2 squares.

Crazy, right?

If you want to see more of these quilts as they come together, visit the Flickr group.  Better yet, join us!  It's not too late to start.

I'd love to see yours!



1 comment:

  1. Great job, and I am so glad you are getting to enjoy the process. And I think you will like those open seams when you get to the middle :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...