Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Going to Guild - Too Cute Not To Mention!

So some of the quilts from the challenge didn't win an award, and some were not big enough for a Quilt of Valor, but they were still too cute not to mention.

Jeannette created this "Winter Wonderland" quilt with the pieced flying geese border. 

Jan made this "Christmas House" with a gorgeous background and some beautiful embellishments.  If this were mine I would take a high quality photo of it and use it as my Christmas card.

Peggy made this cute tiki hut.  This one is so cute, with a lot of texture and detail.  I love it!

And this one is my mom's.  Actually it was a collaborative effort between Mom and Gracie.  Gracie drew pictures of a bunch of different "homes."  She and Mom picked their favorites and Mom recreated the drawings of the birdhouse, doghouse, tee pee, and tree house with embroidery and applique.   Mom gave this to Gracie after the challenge to hang in her room.

I hope you have enjoyed these pictures.  I have a few more QOV donations that I don't have pictures of yet, and I hope to post when they are given to their soldiers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...