Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WiP Wednesday - Ready for Retreat

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

Today is less about a work in progress and more like a packing list for retreat this weekend.  It's always a challenge to figure out how much to bring.  
  • Batman's quilt - catch up to the Star Surround Quilt Along
  • Spiderweb Blocks - these are perfect leaders and enders for anything else I'm working on
  • Hexies - a good hand project for late night talks
  • QOV Block Drive Components - like the Spiderweb Blocks, these are great leaders and enders.  I have eight more foundations already cut, so I'd like to get those all done and mailed off to Alycia.
  • Social Tote - this is a long shot, but I am bringing the supplies just in case I run out of things to work on. 

Today I'm also making my mini pressing surface (ala one of these tutorials from Oh, Fransson! and American Quilting) to bring along.  I spray painted my table yesterday; today I covered it with the Insul-Bright and fabric.  It took no time at all and is just what I wanted!


Notes:  I used Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Satin spray paint in Island Splash.  I cut a layer of Insul-Bright about 1 1/2" bigger than the tabletop and a layer of home dec weight fabric about 3" bigger than the tabletop.  I staple gunned it down and voila!  It probably took me longer to buy the supplies than to make the whole thing.

I'm so looking forward to my retreat weekend.  I think some time spent sewing and hanging out with friends is just what the doctor ordered!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like good time ahead indeed! Love the table, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...