Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Star Surround Quilt Along - Building Block Surround





I'm trying to get back into my routine after the emotional upheaval of the last week.  Luckily I have people around me who are helping make it okay.  The Pit Boss took me out for Chinese food and then we watched Identity Thief and laughed our heads off.  The #twilters have been giving me cyber support for days.  


And then my BFF took me out for lunch and a pedicure.  I was thinking of getting a nice crimson, but then I saw the name of this Opi polish - No Room for the Blues - and had to have it.  She also brought me a little present.  It's an Alabama jelly watch set to Central Time.  Seriously?  Love you all!

 

I haven't been sewing so much because it's been busy, but I took the time to complete the next step of the Star Surround quilt along.  We're building the outside parts of this block, and I'm getting so excited about how it's turning out!

All in all, I'm hanging in there.   I've talked to my boy and he sounds good.  Each day it will feel a little less strange, and eventually we'll get used to our new normal.



5 comments:

  1. Your pieces look fantastic. Great job!!! So glad to hear that you have so much love and support around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pedi looks great! I hope you find peace this week and I'm glad he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I never feel more awesome and together than after a pedicure ... cute toes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've figured out how to survive! Glad you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. One day at a time, right? I haven't talked to my boy since we dropped him off, but we have texted, and that's the next best thing (almost more than I hoped for)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...