Friday, September 20, 2013

TGIFF and Whoop Whoop! For a Visit With My Boy

No FMQ Friday for me today, but you can still check out all the other FMQ goodness at Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project.



I am, however, giving a Whoop Whoop! and doing the happy dance over some finishes today. 


I'm also linking up today with Finish It Up Friday with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.


Yes, it's done!  My Social Tote is complete.  It is not the most square thing I've ever made, but I think it will work itself into a slightly better shape as I carry things in it by the handles.  Right now it is home to my hexies, and just in time for a car ride to Tuscaloosa!


I am not an experienced bag maker, so I was nervous about this bag.  It really came together beautifully.  The only tricky part - which Carolyn warns you about - is getting the binding on.  She has some excellent extra pictures and help on her blog, which I just love.  My only request might be to have some of these in regards to the binding and making the corners square. 


I also finished the corn hole toss bags in time to bring them in the car instead of shipping them.  Aren't they cute?  I am becoming a real fan of houndstooth!

I hope you have a great weekend!


    2 comments:

    Thanks for joining the conversation!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...