Friday, August 9, 2013

FMQ Friday - In the Pink!

Free Motion Quilting Friday

Today is Free Motion Quilting Friday over at Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project.

The rules are simple:
  1. Link up with a post that features something about Free Motion Quilting (FMQ). 
  2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back to Leah's site, or you can just post the FMQF button in your sidebar. 
  3. Comment on at least a few of the other FMQF links. Share your love of free motion quilting and make this weekly link up a fun way to connect!  
I had hoped to be done with the Family Ties quilt by today, but back to school had me hopping.  I did meander through all the purple squares and outline the center squares.  Now all I have left is the pink.


No matter how much I adjusted the contrast on this, the meander in purple barely shows up.  I promise it's done!

I really appreciate all of your input last week.  I decided that Anna from Curly Anna Quilts was right, and I needed to find a pink thread.  Then I remembered my prize from Aurifil and Sew Cal Gal
The Wild Rose is a little lighter than I had been thinking, but it works, right?

And I decided Maartje Quilt was also right, that I needed to quilt hearts - but rounder hearts - in the pink blocks.  Here's my test:


Seriously.  By next week I really want to be binding this thing!

What are you quilting?



3 comments:

  1. I always love hearts with loopy lines. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is absolutely wonderful!!! You are such an inspiration!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink thread works, lovely! And the quilting of your hearts is very good! I love your spirals too! Wel done. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...