Sunday, September 20, 2009

Houseworks Holiday Plan Week 4 - Close to Home Week



We're rolling into Week 4 of the Houseworks Holiday Plan, and it's finally starting to feel...well, not totally insane. The weather (at least here) is getting cooler and the leaves are starting to change. Now that it's officially fall, people won't look at you like you're crazy when you mention thinking about holiday plans.

I was working frantically on a birthday gift quilt this week (can't wait to show you!), so I didn't do all of my chores; but, the major dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning out under the bed in my room feels so good! I turned the mattress, washed everything on the bed (including dust ruffle, mattress cover, pillows - everything!) and cleaned the fan. Sweaty, dirty work but heavenly when you go to sleep at night.

Week Four is Close to Home Week. Brutal. The deep clean this week is the kids' rooms. I don't know about you, but that alone just might kill me. Luckily the boys are old enough to do a lot of it themselves. Gracie just gets overwhelmed and needs me there by her side to help her decide what to do about a lot of things. Then, just when you feel the need for medical intervention, you're supposed to declutter the toys. Yippee. But won't it feel nice when it's done? Yeah, let's focus on that.

There's much much more at the link, as usual, but this is my focus. I don't even know if I can stick with a day to day list this week - I may just have to wade in there and call for reinforcements if it gets too bad. If I don't post by next Sunday, please send the Marines! LOL!

There are less than 100 days until Christmas. Can you believe it?

Hope you have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...