Monday, July 21, 2008

Healthy Habits Monday - Week 2

So, you wonder how I did last week with my 15 minutes of Paper Chasing.

Not good. Not good at all. I didn't do it one single day.

Of course, I did manage to get the pieced border blocks done on my kaleidoscope quilt, make 10 doll quilts, and throw a fabulous birthday party for my daughter, so there's that.

And I took one step that, although it didn't reduce the paper that is currently living in my house, it will (hopefully) reduce the junk mail (and junk email and telemarketing calls) headed my way in the future. I visited dmachoice.org and went through all of their consumer options to be removed from as many catalog and pre-approved credit card offers as possible. They also have a link to the National Do Not Call Registry and one to be removed from a significant amount of junk email. Let's see if it works.

For this Monday, I'm trying to decide if I should redouble my efforts on the paper front or move on to something else. Since my office is such a disaster, and in the interest of marital harmony, I think I'm going to keep this one on my list for one more week. By next Monday if I can't make it a habit then I'll have to face up to this character flaw.

Honestly, I think I'm more disappointed about the broken promise of a paperless society than I am about the flying cars at this point. Where does it all come from?

1 comment:

  1. Jen, get yourself a kitchen timer. You will be amazed at what a simple tool like that can help you do. You set the timer and suddenly quit fartin' around, go like the wind, and wonder why you waited so long to do that simple task you just accomplished.

    I LOVE that Kaleidoscope quilt! all the best, KalamaQuilts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...