Thursday, July 31, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - The Ugly Quilt

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.

Today's quilt is probably the ugliest one I've ever made. Ever. It was the guild challenge from 2002, I think, which was the year I first joined the quilt guild. They had an ugly fabric challenge going on, and we had to use the green and the brown fabrics.


I had never been in a guild before, nor had I ever participated in a challenge, so I took it way too literally. It didn't occur to me to use small amounts or to find complementary fabrics to balance out the hideousness. (That's totally a word.)

Instead, I decided to do a small quilt with an image from one of my favorite children's books, The Tale of Three Trees.



I love this story so much, not only because of the Easter message, but also because it reminds me of a lesson I learned the hard way on my journey to motherhood - the path you plan, the path you imagine, is not always the path you get to take. Sometimes the one you are forced down leads to the most beautiful place.

Now I want to see your blast from the past.  Link up and let us all see!  P.S. Did you know that you can use pictures from your Instagram feed with InLinkz now?






4 comments:

  1. I would call it "artistic" not ugly. I'm participating in an ugly fabric challenge now with my local guild. I gathered all my ugly fabric that goes with it and plan to make a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with artistic as well! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not ugly! It's special. Has a great face? A wonderful personality? hahaha, I kid. I anything handmade, even when it isnt to my taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are looking just amazing, Thanks for the sharing and just keep up the good work.

    Gorgeous Tart Leilaine Dress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...