Thursday, July 17, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - The South Beach Quilt

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.


 Today's quilt was a guild challenge from 2003. At our guild holiday party in 2002, we were asked to bring five squares of fabric that mostly read solid.  We dropped them into a shopping bag and, later, drew out three new ones. Those colors were the ones we had to use in the next year's challenge quilt.


I drew the three fabrics on the top and left of my label as inspiration. The fabrics on the bottom and right are the three I used in the quilt.


This was a paper pieced quilt that I made while on a mini retreat to Panama City Beach, Florida with my BQF Pam.  The quilting is very basic stitch in the ditch around the borders and lighthouse. We were trying to follow The South Beach Diet at the time, and we were at the beach when I made it, hence the name. 

Now I want to see your blast from the past.  Link up and let us all see!  P.S. Did you know that you can use pictures from your Instagram feed with InLinkz now?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...