Friday, July 4, 2014

Fabric Postcards, Fourth of July, and Family!


I am whoop whooping it up because my boy is coming home and my brother's family is in town for our first visit with Batman. The only thing that makes me happier than all my kids under one roof is when my whole extended family is together.

This makes my heart so happy! #thirdchild
 There's been swimming, tons of good food, and so much laughter. There are little kids, big kids, KanJam, and Cornhole, not to mention hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, and s'mores. It might be my favorite week of the whole year!


I haven't been sewing much lately, so no finishes except my fabric postcard for the Summer Swap that Sandi over at Quilt Cabana Patterns organized.  I realized that I showed you the one Pip sent to me, but I wanted to wait until it arrived in Australia before I showed you the one I made for her.


After seeing how Pam used her daughter's art to inspire a quilt, I decided I would make my summer postcard in the style of one of my favorite paintings that Grace has done. She painted this at an art camp when she was about seven or eight, and I love it.


You can see all of the summer postcards in the Flickr group.

I'm linking up today with Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?  Sarah is hosting a quilt giveaway, so check it out!




5 comments:

  1. I love your post card - it looks so much like your inspiration art! Whoop whoop!! And thanks for the shoutout for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - looks great and a lovely thing to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post card is terrific. You nailed it and I love that you used your daughter's project for inspiration. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the postcard! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your postcard is wonderful. Certainly says summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...