Thursday, July 3, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Independence Day Parade

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.


Today's quilt was a guild round robin from - I'm guessing - over ten years ago.  We used to do one of these swaps every year, and this is the only one I've finished. It's still one of my favorite quilts, and is displayed in my home from Memorial Day until 9/11 every year along with several other patriotic quilts. I might love them more than Christmas quilts!


This was my center block. I found this toile patriotic fabric at JoAnn's and fell in love. (I later used it for the Hail to the Chief quilt.)  You can also see this pitiful example of some of my very earliest FMQing. Although it is wobbly and, frankly, terrible, it's nice to see how far I've come. I'm proud of myself for even trying some of the things I did on this quilt. And, to be honest, even I don't notice anymore how bad it is unless I look very closely or take closeup pictures!
 
 


(Please excuse the dog hair. There aren't enough lint rollers in the world.)

Around the last border, I quilted the words from The Liberty Song by John Dickinson.


Happy Independence Day to my American readers! I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend!

Now I want to see your blast from the past.  Link up and let us all see!  P.S. Did you know that you can use pictures from your Instagram feed with InLinkz now?





1 comment:

  1. Your "excuse the dog hair" comment made me laugh. My dogs are always a part of my quilts and it takes a lot of those roller papers to remove them. I love the fabric in the center block of your quilt! I'll be linking up a tricot quilt that I made a long, long time ago. I made dozens of them, but only have one picture. My kids still have their quilts, so I guess I should get them to take pics for me. Those were the days when my hands worked well enough to hand quilt...great memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...