Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WiP Wednesday - No Strings Attached

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

Work is still going great but I have not had a bit of time for quilting. As Jaye always says, I'm going to have to make time to sew at least one seam or fold one piece of fabric or cut out one thing each day. For now, I'm pretty much coming home, getting dinner done, eaten, cleaned up, and then crawling into bed with a load of laundry to fold and some Big Bang Theory.



As predicted, I didn't finish my challenge quilt in time for Monday's meeting. I'll have to write another post about that meeting later, but the quilts were fabulousHowever, I'm not abandoning the project; I believe it will be a perfectly mindless way to work sewing back into my schedule.  

String piecing is great for any pocket of found time, whether it's five minutes or two hours, and doesn't require a lot of figuring out where you left off the last time.  If I find some time to cut, there are no worries about exact measurements or accuracy either. 

At our last WannaBees meeting, I spent the time cutting strings from odd chunks of fabric so that I have a varied stack just sitting and waiting for me by my machine.  I tried to cut them at slightly wonky angles and vary the widths for more interest. 


So far it hasn't helped, but you never know.  What are you working on?



2 comments:

  1. I need a plan like string piecing to take advantage of those times when you only half a free few minutes. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate only having a few minutes and trying to start something. Just makes me sad I can't keep working on it, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...