Thursday, November 21, 2013

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - His Cabin in the Woods

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.

It's The Pit Boss's birthday on Sunday, so I thought I'd share the only quilt I ever made just for him. Which is sad, now that I think about it, because there is no one more important to me!

I found this flannel panel and the coordinating fabrics at a wonderful shop in Dahlonega, Georgia called Magical Threads.  (They have knitting supplies as well.)  I took it all on retreat with me one year around 2002 when my BQF Pam and I went to the Quilter's Rescue Mission, now called Quilting in Toccoa.

It was super simple - just borders around the panel.  I did some of my earliest FMQing in the gold border and in the panel.  I wasn't sure how to quilt the sky, so I chose an imaginary point behind the house where I pictured the setting sun and quilted radiating lines out from there. 


TPB has always dreamed of living out the country on a lot of land with fewer people around.  That is not exactly how our life has turned out!  I called this quilt His Cabin in the Woods since it is looking less and less like he will ever get a real one.  Sorry, Honey!



I love the three little bears and the smoke drifting from the chimney.  Even though our life is more suburban than he'd like, I hope TPB and our kids feel like they come home to a cozy house every night.

This quilt still lives on the back of our couch and is the go-to quilt when someone is feeling sick, grouchy, or otherwise pitiful and needs comfort. 

Now I want to see your blast from the past.  Link up and let us all see!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...