Thursday, November 14, 2013

#TBT- Throwback Thursday - Say the Blessing

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.

 Today's quilt is a table runner from March, 2008 that I designed with the help of fellow guild member Suzanne H (also the mastermind behind our hilarious holiday party every year) and made with the help of some other seventh grade moms back when Deuce was in middle school.


This was another of the gala auction projects that I coordinated.  Each year, the class makes some sort of art that is sold at the auction.  In the younger grades, it's easier to come up with projects that are so precious; however, middle school tends to be a time when their art isn't quite art, but is past the point of being cute. 

Suzanne gave me this great idea that she had done for her own kids' school.  It's a table runner with the student's own handwriting on it. 


Each child was asked to find a Bible verse related to eating or drinking and write it on a practice sheet that was a duplicate of the fabric square they would be writing on.  Then I gave them a square of fabric that had been ironed on to freezer paper and was tucked into a little cardboard template window.  


We used these squares to put the blocks together into these two beautiful table runners.  I love these so much, and would love to make one with blank squares that guests could sign when they visit.  I think that would be an awesome wedding gift. 

My mom had a tablecloth like that a long time ago.  I should see if she can find it so I can photograph it and show it to you.  There are some very special signatures on it!








2 comments:

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...