Saturday, October 9, 2010

Holiday Grand Plan Week 7 - Guest Room Week - A Day Early

So it's Week 7.  How did the last week go?  I didn't make a whole lot of progress on the kids' rooms, so I'm grateful we did a pretty good job on them right before school started.

I have been working on my homemade Christmas gifts.  This year I decided to keep it very manageable and not overwhelm myself with too many.  The cooking plan is also going well, although the middle schoolers at church ate last week's supply of baked goods.  They never even made it to the freezer!

This week we are focusing on the guest room.  Once again I am thrilled that I did a deep clean this summer right before my cousin came to visit.  I'll have to clean, of course, but there isn't a lot of decluttering or organizing to do in there.

Keep on keepin' on with the baking and freezer meals, homemade gifts, and shopping.  Don't get discouraged if you have a week or two where you don't get everything on the list accomplished.  Focus on the fact that any little bit you do now will not have to be done in early December (or late December!). 

Also, if you decorate for Halloween, pull it out this weekend so you have a chance to enjoy it. 

Freezer Friendly Meal of the Week - I'm OUT!

Seriously, I've got nothing.  Normally I make multiples of the ones I've given you so far and call it good.  I've looked through and can't find anything that I would swear freezes well.   I'm calling on YOU to share your freezer recipes with the rest of us.  If you have a blog, post it and link in the comments here.  If you don't, email me the recipe and I'll offer it up next week.  In the meantime, here are some links to freezer safe recipes that I've found.  If you try any, let us know how they work.

Other freezer meal links:

Laura, from I'm an Organizing Junkie

Mom's Budget Freezer Tips

Southern Living

Once a Month Cooking - Vegetarian Meals (to offset all that beef I've offered you!)


Holiday Treat of the Week - Pecan Pumpkin Crumble

This isn't something that can be frozen, but I love it because almost all of the ingredients can be stored together in your pantry for any last minute guests or to bring somewhere.  Now is the time to stock up on canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix).  Whip this up in no time at all, let it bake while you give the powder room and kitchen a quick ten-second tidy, and your house will smell like fall all day!
  • 1 stick butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 15oz can pumpkin
  • 3/4 C chopped pecans
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1 12oz can evaporated milk
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • whipped cream to top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Whisk together eggs, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin, and milk until well blended.  Pour into 9" x 13" pan.  Sprinkle cake mix on top, then the pecans.  Melt butter and drizzle over top.  Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden.  Top with whipped cream and serve warm.  YUM!

 Enjoy!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. The pumpkin crumble sounds wonderful. I think I have all those ingredients...gonna try it this afternoon. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...