Saturday, October 2, 2010

200th Post! Blogtoberfest Postcard Swap





Can you believe this is my 200th post?  What perfect timing for Blogtoberfest!
Blogtoberfest - Large - White Background

In honor of this milestone, I'd like to do something to truly connect my readers.  Something small enough to be contained in this one month of blog love, yet big enough to create a memory of it.

I want to do a fabric postcard swap.  There are all kinds of instructions for them all over the web, but these are the directions I personally use.

Here are the rules:
  • all postcards should be finished 4" x 6".  I'm not going to break out a ruler or anything.
  • all postcards should have three layers and be sewn together. At least one layer should be fabric.
  • all postcards should have a middle layer of stiffener (Peltex, Timtex, etc.)
  • postcards may be sent through the mail as is, or placed in an envelope if it isn't completely flat or has embellishment that may be damaged.
  • all participants must email me their snail mail address AND how many postcards they are swapping (up to 3 per person) no later than October 10, 2010.  My email is jenggreer at symbol gmail dot com.
  • all participants must be willing to swap internationally.  It might not happen, but it might.
  • I will email you back with the snail mail address of your swap partner.  You will mail the postcard directly to them.  The email and snail mail addresses I collect will be shredded as soon as the swap is over.
  • there is no specific theme of the swap.  Be creative.
  • since I am not telling who is mailing to you, you may blog about your participation, including pictures of your postcard.  Encourage your readers to join in the fun.
  • all postcards should be mailed by October 20, 2010.  I hope this allows for international postcards to arrive by the end of Blogtoberfest. 
What do you think?  Did I miss any details?  Sign up now!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Id be keen to join in... Aive never dine a postcard swap before!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...