Thursday, August 7, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Triple Irish Chain

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.

Today's quilt is one that I made back in 2001 for my friend's third son. I told you the story about her first little boy, who only lived a brief 36 hours, and her second son, for whom I made my very first quilt. That summer, when Gracie was one, my friend delivered son number three.

In eager anticipation I made a Triple Irish Chain quilt out of bright primary colors. The squares finish at 1". I thought I might go blind or crazy before I finished, but it turned out to be quite nice. (Unfortunately the photos did not!)  I used an extra wide polka dot binding to finish it off, which I love.


By a twist of fate, this precious boy arrived on his oldest brother's sixth birthday. As you can imagine, emotions were running high and the tension was palpable, which made the joy at his safe arrival even more overwhelming. Even in this terrible picture I think the relief and happiness and gratitude are obvious on my face as I held him for the first time, wrapped in his quilt. Once again, quilting had saved me, calmed me, when my mind and heart were in turmoil.


Can you believe this sweet baby boy turned thirteen last month? His birthday every year is bittersweet, but a reminder of how blessed we are each and every day.

Now I want to see your blast from the past.  Link up and let us all see!  P.S. Did you know that you can use pictures from your Instagram feed with InLinkz now?
























2 comments:

  1. lovely story. I went back and read your older post. Glad you were able to share a happy birth with your friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...