Thursday, December 19, 2013

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Oh Holy Night!

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.


Today's quilt is a Christmas quilt that I fell in love with one year at Tiny Stitches.  It is a simple panel with two borders.  I made it on one of my Panama City Beach retreats with my BQF Pam.

My favorite things about it are that it is flannel and that it was one of my early attempts at FMQing that really went well, which gave me confidence.  The thing I wish I could redo is that I got lazy and made it too small.  It would have been such a cozy snuggle quilt for the holidays if I had only hung in there for some more borders or blocks around the panel.

At Christmas it lives on the back of an old bench that was in Gram's basement when she moved out.  Details are vague on where it came from or why it went unused in her house.  I adore it.  Mom and Dad had it refinished for me as a gift one birthday or Christmas or anniversary.  (I keep trying to take pictures of it for you, but the lighting is awkward where it is.)

Gram was a Quaker, and very involved in her community when her kids were younger.  I like to imagine that it was in their meeting house, with room to store hymnals or text books or something.   It sits by my front door with hats and gloves and old dress up/Halloween/play costumes inside.  Just about the time I think my kids have outgrown this, I get a request for a Harry Potter cloak or angel wings.  

Do you have an old mature holiday craft to share with us this week?








1 comment:

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...