Sunday, June 30, 2013

FAL Q2 Wrap Up - No Surprises Here!

she can quilt

So much for the idea that the Finish-A-Long was going to get me motivated to finish anything!  I thought I set some very reasonable goals back in the beginning of April, but I still only finished one project on my list.

Here's what I thought I'd get done:
  1.  The Family Ties Quilt - I should be ashamed of this since Baby Reagan is already 2 months old.  I haven't touched this in at least a month.
  2. That *#&@*#& Christmas Table Topper.  
  3. My Dad's Sudoku Quilt - DONE!  (blogged here)
I'm one for three.  Not good.  Not good at all.

How did you do?  



3 comments:

  1. My own child did not get a quilt until he was about 4 months old. The baby won't know. If you weren't sitting around earring bonbons, give yourself a break, especially since this quarter included May-hem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A finish, is a finish, is a finish! And they're always good because it's one less thing on the list (and as a quilter, you know just how long our lists can get!!).

    I have to agree with Jaye---I have a cousin and when she was pregnant with her first child, I bought fabric for a quilt (didn't know the sex of the baby so planned a "gender neutral pastel quilt). By the time she was pregnant with her SECOND child I still hadn't started on the quilt for the first one (and then realized that the quilt planned for the first one, a boy, would be better for the second one, a girl). They both finally got quilts---when they were four and three years old respectively! So in my book, your still waaay ahead in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One quilt for your dad is excellent. Dads are the best, and you do look a bit like him too. Maybe over the summer you can do the other two, for Q3.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...