Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quilt Shop Visit - Tiny Stitches

I've mentioned that there are is a baby boom going on, and I have some quilts to make.  Last week, Mom and I went over to Tiny Stitches in Marietta to see what we could see.


One of the reasons I love this shop so much is that they have this great room full of novelty/baby/kid fabrics and lots of flannel.  I wanted airplane fabric for two of the quilts, the ones for Beth and Matt's twin boys, and I figured I'd have the best selection here.

I ended up picking out this Timeless Treasures print that is just perfect.  I found two cute coordinating fabrics - one red and one green - so I can make the same quilt but different for the twins. 

I love how this shop has so many samples and kits and classes for you to ogle and pet and dream about.  I also think the way the fabrics are grouped makes so much sense.  I never have to search long for what I'm looking for, and love browsing through the colorways.  

They also have this fantastic classroom space that is new(er).  Classes used to be held in the room in the top picture, but now they have expanded.  I once took a Mariner's Compass class in there, and it was tight with just 4 students and a teacher.  But now?  YAY! 

I'm so glad we went last week - with all this snow the shop has been closed and I haven't been going anywhere!  You'd think being trapped in the house for six days I'd have gotten some quilting done but, sadly, that is not the case.

Tomorrow:  what we did during our WEEK off school due to the snow. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to the shop. We did open for 1/2 day today and plan to be open from now on. The ice has to melt sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...