Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Healthy Bread in Five Minutes


Every so often I read a blog post, click on the links, click on one of those links and...before you know it I'm reading about something completely different than where I started.  Also, I frequently can't find that blog ever again!

But about two weeks ago I came across this blogger who is participating in the HBin5 Challenge at Big Black Dogs.  They are baking their way through the book Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François, the authors of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.   

Searching Amazon, I found the book and this great video that shows the technique perfectly.  After trying out the Master Recipe, I had to check out the other ones. 


I bought the book and have made several of the recipes.  It is amazing how little time it takes, how successful each batch has been, and how simple the process is.  Even more amazing because I come from good Italian stock, and I have been tutored extensively on the "right" way to knead bread with no success. 

Once I bragged about the bread enough, my friend decided she needed a lesson.  Today we baked the Master Recipe and some Soft Honey Wheat together. 

Anyone else ever heard of these books or participating in the challenge?  I love seeing the reviews (and potential pitfalls) before trying it myself.

And is there anything better than the smell of fresh baked bread?

Hope you are having a productive and delicious week.  Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...