Sunday, March 14, 2010

Block Swap UFO

Looking through my UFOs this week, I decided to pull out some 4 inch blocks from a swap I was in almost 10 years ago! One of my dearest friends, Pam, was in a bee group called The Cut-Ups. (How cute is that?) They were doing this swap and allowed me to participate.

Each month we each made seven 4" blocks and traded. I think we did it for about 8 months, because I ended up with 56 blocks. I know I made more than 8, and I remember someone not finishing all of theirs, but that's about it.

For inspiration, we used this book:

It is a fascinating collection of work. We had amazing applique and embroidery...


Precious patchwork...

Some paper piecing...


Some blocks were a somber sign of the times...


Some were just plain funny...

But they all remind me of a stage in my quilting life - the fabric leftovers from what I happened to be working on, the blocks we all made together at a retreat, and the people who have inspired me along the way. I can't wait to see them united at last.
What do your UFOs remind you of?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...