Saturday, August 2, 2008

Orange Crush Step 3


Wow, am I spatially challenged!

I do not know how someone with such poor spatial abilities and terrible math skills got involved in quilting, but it just goes to show that you should pay attention in Geometry even if you don't want to be an engineer.

These very simple blocks took me forever because we needed 22 going each direction. I got the first batch right, and then sewed the second batch wrong and had to "un-sew" them...TWICE! I even did a test block, wrote down how to do it, and did it wrong the second time. Honestly, it's amazing the kaleidoscope quilt ever got put together.

But they are done, and I can move on to step 4. I might actually get this quilt done before Bonnie moves on to a new mystery - at least if her publisher keeps her busy with the book tour and teaching!

I hope you feel some sense of accomplishment today!



3 comments:

  1. You may have had a bit of a struggle, but I'm glad you persevered because they are beautiful. I love the colors on these, and I went back all the way to the beginning of your blog to see your main colors, and wow, this is going to be a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the blocks I had to rip too. Those mirror images..........
    I like your colors

    Pat H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Step 3 is looking good. I think a couple of people had issues, I know I had to redo a few because I could not count to 22.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...