Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sunday Stash - City Square Quilts and The Longarm Network

Note: this was supposed to be last week's Sunday Stash, but I didn't get it done before The Pit Boss and I left on our 25th anniversary trip. This is the first of two parts.

I took Wednesday off to run some errands, and quickly sent my stash numbers deep into the red. Since I had to go get my passport, and since the post offices near me are booked for the foreseeable future, I made an appointment in Winder, Georgia. Of course I did a quick search to find a nearby quilt shop, and luckily found City Square Quilts just about fifteen minutes away in Hoschton. 

city square quilt shop hoschton georgia

This is a nice little shop in a small historic main street area. There's a pizza parlor called Sliced on one side and a yarn store called Yarn Junkees on the other. Unfortunately both were closed while I was there.

city square quilt shop hoschton georgia

It was a beautiful morning and the door was open to let the fresh air and quilters inside. The woman working that day showed me a new ruler and mat collection from Alex Anderson called Quilters Select. I didn't get a good photo, but the rulers have a great nonskid back. The mat is reversible and is a lighter color on one side to make it easier to see when you're cutting dark fabrics. Let me know what you think if you've tried these.

city square quilt shop hoschton georgia

City Square Quilts has some great collections, including the beginning of a gorgeous shelf of batiks. They will get ten new prints every week (month? I can't remember!) until the collection is filled out. I just had to buy that green and purple one! 

city square quilt shop hoschton georgia batik

After my passport appointment, I headed up the road to Greenville, South Carolina so I could finally swap out the saddle I bought at QuiltCon. I don't if I ever mentioned that, once I got it home, it was too tall for my table. I mean, just barely too tall, but enough that I was not going to be comfortable. I didn't even realize my table was so low.


Luckily, when I called the shop, they told me they would happily swap it out. We promised to keep in touch, and if they were in Atlanta for a show they would call me. I could have shipped it back and paid for shipping the new one, but that seemed like a giant waste since Greenville is just a few hours away. This was my chance!

the longarm network greenville south carolina

The Longarm Network was easy to find and not far off I-85. They have a great selection of supplies and classes. I'm thinking of making a day trip up there to take a class. I was so excited to pick this gorgeous blue for my new saddle. 

the longarm network greenville south carolina innova extra wide back

Even if you don't have a longarm, this is worth a stop. They have the best selection of extra wide backs I think I've ever seen. I love the selection and that they aren't all off white, babyish or too feminine. 

the longarm network greenville south carolina omni thread

The selection of threads made me laugh thinking of Angela Walters's frequent refrain, "Quilting is my therapy and threads are my meds!

the longarm network greenville south carolina quilting

I loved seeing some great quilting designs on the wall. I couldn't wait to come home and try some of these!

city square quilt shop hoschton georgia the longarm network innova greenville south carolina

I made it out of The Longarm Network with just my saddle, but at City Square Quilts I bought 1 1/2 yards of this Choice Fabrics Supreme Solids lavender and a yard of Bella Solids baby yellow for my Strippers Knot quilt, a couple of pretty fat quarters, and the batik just because it really wanted to come home with me. Sadly no fabric used last week, so I'm deep in the red again!

  • Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
    • Fabric Used year to Date: 21.5 yards
  • Fabric Added this Week: 4 yards
    • Fabric Added Year to Date: 27.5 yards
  • Net Fabric for 2017: -6 yards used
  • Used for Charity Year to Date: 2.5 yards
    • Percentage Used for Charity: 12%

I'm linking up with QuiltPaintCreate to track my Sunday Stash Reports. Visit the blog and link up so we can keep the link party going!


4 comments:

  1. You're not that far in the hole. Getting out is doable.
    Great shops! I love to browse a new shop even when I don't need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh some very pretty additions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, sounds like fun! I would truly love to own an Innova, and doubt I ever will, but they are fabulous machines. If I'm ever back in that part of North Carolina, I'll have to stop in that place! Thanks for the tours of the shops.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...