Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Quilt Shop Visit - Tumbleweed Quilts

As I mentioned in my Sunday Stash Report, The Pit Boss and I visited a couple of quilt shops on our anniversary trip. The first one we went to was Tumbleweed Quilts in West Barnstable, Massachusetts, which is on Cape Cod. 


tumbleweed quilt cape cod west barnstable massachusetts shop

When you pull up, it looks like a little cottage. It's deceptively small. I wish I had taken a picture of the outside so you could see how amazing the inside is! 

tumbleweed quilt cape cod west barnstable massachusetts shop sample sea horse

Once you go inside, though, the rooms just keep going! All the way in the back was a classroom area where a group of women were sewing and chatting. I don't know if it was a class or a bee group or what, but they seemed to be having a lovely time. There are samples hanging all around, with some ocean/Cape Cod types of things (I love the sea horses above) but plenty of "regular" quilts as well.

tumbleweed quilt cape cod west barnstable massachusetts shop color


I went from room to room, trying to narrow down the choices. There were whole sections grouped by color. This was a glimpse down the aisle with greens on the right, neutrals on the left, and pinks in the distance. 


tumbleweed quilt cape cod west barnstable massachusetts shop fabric polka dot

There were so many awesome groupings of fabric, including this gorgeous wall of polka dots. Don't you love the fish hanging out on top of the shelf? 

tumbleweed quilt cape cod west barnstable massachusetts shop fabric solid

And there was a whole room full of solids. I really wish this shop were closer to me for when I'm looking for something specific. They have so much!

tumbleweed quilt cape cod west barnstable massachusetts shop fabric

Eventually I settled on four cuts (top to bottom):


I have no idea what I'll do with any of it, but it will be a fun reminder of our trip to Cape Cod! 

Tumbleweed Quilts is worth the drive if you are in the area, especially if you are on the hunt for a specific color or type of print. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...