Friday, June 9, 2017

Georgia Celebrates Quilts

ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017


It's time for the East Cobb Quilters Guild show, Georgia Celebrates Quilts! If you are in the the area, please take time to go today or tomorrow. It is a fantastic show full of over 300 mind boggling quilts. Plus my String Spider Web is there.


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 string spider web bonnie hunter
String Spider Web by Jennifer Greer

Last week a supportive and optimistic friend from work asked, "When do you find out if your quilt won?" Isn't she cute? I had to break it to her gently that I already knew, and there was no way in hell my quilt was going to win anything in this show. I'm not being modest or self-deprecating; I am very proud of my quilt and I love how it turned out, but it is not even in the same ballpark as the winners. There are quilts in this show that will make you weep for how beautiful they are with no ribbons on them. The winners are simply breathtaking. I cannot imagine how hard this was for the judges. Honestly, I'm just honored that my quilt was accepted.


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 cindy christenson my belle whole cloth
My Belle by Cindy Christenson
Best Machine Quilting - Computer Guided. 1st Place - Special Technique

Being in the middle of the #machinequiltingbloghop, I was very drawn into the fabulous quilting in this show. There were some examples of every stitch we've practiced and many, many more. 


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 cindy christenson my belle whole cloth swirls and pearls
My Belle by Cindy Christenson
Best Machine Quilting - Computer Guided. 1st Place - Special Technique

ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 cindy christenson my belle whole cloth swirls and pearlsls
My Belle by Cindy Christenson
Best Machine Quilting - Computer Guided. 1st Place - Special Technique
HollyAnne and I found ourselves leaning in, oohing and aahing, pointing out little details, and fighting off envy. 


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 cindy christenson my belle whole cloth orange peel
My Belle by Cindy Christenson
Best Machine Quilting - Computer Guided. 1st Place - Special Technique

We found the section above and many more like it and called Lynn over to ask, what is that? She said it's microstippling. HollyAnne and I just looked at each other and agreed, we've both been calling regular stippling microstippling! It is so tiny and dense, and gives the illusion of snow.


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 christie stevens omigosh
Omigosh by Christie Stevens

And that's not to say that the piecing was lacking. There were so many quilts with so many tiny pieces. Walking away from this one I overheard someone say, "She obviously has a problem throwing away scraps." 


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 christie stevens omigosh
Omigosh by Christie Stevens
Yes, there are 10,000 pieces in Christie's quilt!


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 lynn rinehart bonkers lewis carroll
Bonkers by Lynn Rinehart
It was fun to see quilts by people we know... 


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 ben hollinsgworth a celebration of lines zentangle
A Celebration of Lines by Ben Hollingsworth
3rd Place - Special Techniques
...especially quilts with ribbons on them. I didn't even realize this was Ben's, although I should have recognized his style immediately. He had been keeping under wraps until the show. 

ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 ben hollinsgworth a celebration of lines zentangle
A Celebration of Lines by Ben Hollingsworth
3rd Place - Special Techniques
If you look closely, you can see some very special lines on the elephant.


ecqg georgia celebrates quilt show east cobb 2017 andi settlemoir barney snow day red hen
Snow Day by Andi Settlemoir Barney
I don't know how Andi still has time to quilt while running Red Hen, servicing machines, and working with Paul on Lasting Impressions. She is the queen of multitasking!  

These pictures are just the tip of the iceberg! I hope you make time to come see the quilts and shop with the vendors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...