Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WiP Wednesday - The One With the Cannoli


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

Today I'm hosting the WannaBees. It was so nice to have all seven of us together.  We started making plans for our next group project and showed off our latest work.

Mine is the finished top for Greer's Sister.  (I'm taking recommendations for a name!)


Jodi was working on her String Spider Web blocks from the Bonnie Hunter class.  Laura showed some fantastic blocks from a class whose name I can't remember but will ask her.  Vicki was doing beautiful hand work, as always.  Ben was drawing on fabric.  Lene came in late sharing longarm stories.  And Lynn had just finished this quilt for the chorus director at her daughter's school.  Isn't it fantastic?


I was still working to put together my hand quilting kit for our vacation and drawing out my next FMQ project.

In non-quilty news, Deuce came home last night and announced that he was making cannoli for his AP Calculus class.  (No, he did not get his math ability from me.  But you knew that.)  I had so much fun helping him figure out a substitution for cannoli molds (butter knives) and showing him how to make a piping bag out of a ziploc. 

As promised, he sent me a picture of the finished product once he filled them...


...which led to this text conversation with The Pit Boss...


...and this one with my brother, whom my son clearly takes after most.


I hope you are getting lots done and having some spur of the moment family fun!



2 comments:

  1. I love the neat block design and colors in your quilt. Innovative ideal with the cannolis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors of the blocks in your first picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...