Thursday, September 9, 2010

More Quilty Podcasts

Now that school is back in session, football season has started, you know how I'm spending about 1/8 of my day - yep, driving! 

After catching up on all the back episodes of the first few podcasts I subscribed to, I had to go back and find some new ones to keep me entertained.

One of my favorites, though not always quilty, is CraftSanity with Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood.  Jennifer interviews crafters, artists, bloggers, authors, and entrepreneurs.  Because of this podcast, I have found books and trends I had never heard of before.  I love her sense of humor and her research.

Another one I love that is mostly quilty is Sew~Stitch~Create with Brye Lynn.  Brye brings us up to date on her projects and personal life, and then shares a topic.  She's inspiring with her absolute determination to fit quilting into her crazy busy schedule (seriously, she makes me look like I'm eating bon-bons and watching Days of Our Lives around here!) and her reviews of books and patterns. 
And the last podcast I've been listening to recently is Quilting for the Rest of Us with Sandy Hasenauer.  Sandy does great research on her topics, but her strength is absolutely her down-to-earth style and refusal to be waylaid by mistakes.  I can relate!  I love when she shares memories of her mom and lessons learned by cleaning out someone else's stash.  My only suggestion to Sandy is that she be a little more choosy when reading listener and blog comments - Sandy!  You're getting too popular to read them all!  It's taking more than half the show!  LOL! 

Also, in general to all the podcasters, please don't feel the need to repeat blog and email addresses over and over.  There's a link to both in iTunes and, if I want it bad enough, I'll find them.  Is that just me?  I'm listening while driving or sewing and am certainly not writing down websites. 

Okay, let me know.  Was that snarky and impatient or good constructive criticism?  Sorry if it was the former.  You're welcome if it was the latter!

Find a podcast and let me know what ones you like...or if you've started your own.  I'd love to help spread the word!

1 comment:

  1. I think that your comments are constructive. I never thought about it, but you are right about repeating the addresses and URLs. Once is enough. I love Sandy's podcast, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...