Monday, September 19, 2011

East Cobb Quilt Guild Show - Georgia Celebrates Quilts Part II

As I mentioned in my last post, the East Cobb show had a great mix of traditional, modern, and art quilts.  This little beauty, Sweet Tweets by Taffy McLaughlin, was one of my favorite modern quilts.  I love the colors on the white background (how do you keep that clean while you're working?), the whimsy...


...and the clever quilting!


Laurie Stoner, from our guild, made this amazing art piece, Barklesque Hillside:


Another Star, Jan Kramer, won a blue ribbon for this unbelievable miniature traditional sampler quilt she calls Mini Me:


Quilts can be modern or arty or complicated, but I always come back to some simple certainties.  Blue and yellow, nine patches, playing with value - these will always have a comforting place in my heart.  I just adore Mary Goodner's Blooming Nine Patch, and hope to make one of my own some day (even if Jodi says it's a pain.)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...