Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blogger's Block of the Month

Canton Village Quilt Works

There are all kinds of new blocks of the month and quiltalongs going on or getting ready to start right now, and I'm jumping in.  I've never done one online - only through my guild - but I thought this might be a fun way to bust some stash, learn some new techniques, break out of my routine, and get some charity quilts put together.

My personal rule is that I'm only shopping from my stash.  That might not last forever, since I always have lots of medium to dark prints and never enough neutrals, but right now I'm working to use up this length of WOW check that I've added to lots of quilts.  It has more than paid for itself, and deserves a good life.

I also found a pansy print whose colors I like, but I'm no longer crazy about the print.  I'm going to try to include this in each block somehow, preferably in the piece cut the smallest.  I try to follow Bonnie Hunter's rule that states:  "If a fabric is still ugly, you haven't cut it small enough."

Today's block is from the Blogger's Block of the Month, organized by Jackie and Canton Village Quilt Works.  The first block is by Sherri at A Quilting Life.  It's a simple 16 Patch, nothing to get stressed out about.

I pulled four 2 1/2" squares from my scrap box and mixed them up with the WOW and the pansy print.  For my HST blocks, I used a method I saw on Jaye's blog just a few days ago.  What a quick and easy way to make my pieces!  Thanks, Jaye!

 
What are you working on?




 

1 comment:

  1. That block is cute with that fabric. I'm doing tumbling blocks finally. I've been saying I've been going to make one of those for years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...