Monday, May 9, 2011

Fading Fast

Remember this?


It's the 50th birthday card I made just under two years ago for my friend, Teresa.  I was at her home the other day when she asked for a favor: to go over the writing on the back because now it looks like this:


I am so sad!  I cannot believe how quickly it has faded.  I used a Pigma Micron pen to write on it, and thought that it would last a lot longer than two years.  It makes me wonder how long my labels really will last.  I use these pens sometimes, and other times I use my printer and fabric sheets

Hopefully this degree of fading is due to the fact that Teresa had it sitting out in her kitchen and exposed to more sunlight than a normal quilt label would be.  And luckily, I took pictures of both sides so I could remember what I wrote! 

Has anyone else had this problem?  How do you deal with it?  Is there a more permanent ink I can use for fabric postcards and labels?



2 comments:

  1. The last few quilts I've made, I am FMQ the writing right onto the quilt. Most of them down on the right bottom corner but a few the writing became part of the design of the quilt. It's pretty permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now I wonder how long mine have lasted too. Did you press it after applying the pen? Labeling is my most unfavorite part, so if it isn't going to hold up, I need to find another technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...