Friday, October 29, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall, 2010

Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival

I love love love Blogger's Quilt Festival!  Sometimes it takes me several days to look at all of the links, but it is one way I've found a bunch of blogs I want to keep reading.

My entry for this festival has got to be the Orange Crush quilt. For the entire back story and all the mistakes made along the way, you can click "Orange Crush" in the tags for this post and it will take you along the journey.  For the festival, suffice it to say that this was not a quilt in a day kind of project.

Orange Crush was a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt from way back in 2008.  I started it right after Bonnie came to speak at our guild meeting, which was also the spark that got me blogging to begin with.  She's an inspiration, I tell ya!

Every scrap holds a memory
I love how scrappy it is, and how Gracie can amuse herself by pointing out the different fabrics and remembering what quilt it was originally made for. 

I can't tell you what a little thrill it gives me every morning when I wake up Gracie and unearth her from her quilted burrow, or at night when I peek in on her sprawled under its bold colors, with just a few toes peeking out.  
Beaded Curtain by Leah Day
 Love this FMQ design by Leah Day.

Hand dyed back by Ben Hollingsworth
And did I ever even show you the back that Ben hand dyed just for Gracie?   They discussed design and her favorite colors about a year ago...and then one day he just showed up at bee with it.  She loves it so much, she says, that she can hardly decide if she likes the front or the back better!  Thanks, Ben!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that is a beautiful quilt. The colors are wonderful!! I bet your little one loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilts that are made with pieces of fabric from other quilts.
    The one I'm working on now has bits from maybe ten or more including some of my first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your orange crush is fabulous! Are you doing the new mystery??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...