Friday, April 9, 2010

Go With the Flow - A Day on the Chattahoochee

It's Spring Break around here and the weather is perfect for a staycation. In our quest for things to keep everyone entertained, we have managed paintball, golf, a movie, playdates, quilt guild, and now kayaking.

I grew up rafting on the Chattahoochee River, fondly referred to as "Shooting the Hooch", but had never kayaked or canoed before.   Since my husband actually had to, you know, WORK, I was taking the kids alone and was a little bit anxious.

I needn't have worried.  The guys at Go With the Flow in Roswell were great.  They showed the boys how to load the boats on the car (my biggest fear) and gave us all the gear we needed.  I had packed a cooler of drinks, lunch, and lots of sun screen, so we were ready to go!

There's a great place to put in just 2 miles away, and it was easier than I would have believed to get the boats and all the gear to the dock and into the water.


Soon we were on our way. What a gorgeous day! We paddled upstream about 2 miles to a local park where we stopped and had lunch. Then we were back in the river for a lazy ride back downstream to the car. 

Anyone else stay-cationing this year? What ideas do you have for keeping the bickering to a minimum?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...