Tuesday, July 21, 2009

better tUesdays - Week 8 - the Wii is a jealous mistress

Holy smokes! The Wii is a possessive witch! You know how I decided to start walking Daisy more? Well, it turns out that it's okay if you sit on your ass and don't exercise at all. The Wii is very forgiving of that. But if you go out and cheat on her with walking the dog, she gets all "Oh No You Didn't!"

I have walked Daisy for an hour every day since last Thursday. Outside in nature, up and down hills, for miles and miles. I've sweat and gotten my heart rate up and everything. She loves it! I've even brought Gracie with me so that her eyeballs don't turn square from watching the "He Could Be the One" episode of Hannah Montana too many times.

And how does the Wii repay me? Well according to her scale, I've managed to gain 3.5 lbs since THURSDAY!!! How is that possible? I even weighed first thing in the morning, before breakfast!

I did get a message that her batteries were low, so now I have to figure out how to change them and see if that puts her in a better mood. Geez, I feel like a man bringing flowers to his harpy wife. "But Honey, I have fresh Energizers! It didn't mean anything. Really! It was just a walk in the park. You know I'll come back to you when it's raining."

Anyway, on to the rest of the week. I have still be staying out of the fast food places. It's gotten to the point now where that isn't even an option for me. I do miss my diet Coke if we are out, but mostly just because there aren't any good zero calorie substitutes when you want a break from water. I got unreasonably excited at Jersey Mike's the other day when they had a "soda" button on their soda fountain. Then I could make my specialty drink like I do at our restaurant - club soda and a splash of fruit punch. It has the perfect combination of carbonation, sweet, and almost no calories or artificial sweetener.

It hasn't been quite a week, so I'm sticking to my same goals of walking with Daisy six days a week and my same reward of spending the day with my gal pals. So far so good. I'm just trying to get back on track to posting on tUesdays.

Hope you are all having a healthy summer and that your scale didn't get all Fatal Attraction on you this week!

2 comments:

  1. I've pretty much taken our birthday month off as far as calorie counting and daily treadmilling. Too much partying...but keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all that walking, maybe it is muscle weight gain? Do your legs feel more toned up? Keep up the good work no matter what that scale (that probably needs batteries) says!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...