Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WiP Wednesday - Crimson and Houndstooth


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

This week's WIP is brought to you by Family Weekend at the University of Alabama.



Every time I talk with Deuce, I ask him if there's anything he needs.  Most of the time, he can't think of anything.  He's a pretty independent kid, and his dorm is walking distance from a Publix.  If he needs it, he goes and gets it.

Plus, his grandmothers and sister have kept him pretty well stocked in cookies since he left.  What more do you really need?

But during one phone call, he thought of something.  He asked if he could have the toss bags from our corn hole game.  Apparently a buddy there has the boards but no bags.  Only now I can't find our game - not the boards or the bags.  Someone put them away after July 4th in a very safe place.  


So I researched a little bit about how to make the bags, ordered some crimson and houndstooth duck cloth from Fabric.com, and started stitching.  Now I'm just waiting for a friend to pick up my feed grade corn kernels so I can fill them and stitch them closed.  I'll be bringing them to him in person in TWO DAYS!

My other WIP is my Social Tote.  My Soft and Stable arrived, so I'm hoping to get the basket assembled and finish the binding so I can bring my hexies in it on our road trip. 

Roll Tide, y'all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...