Sunday, September 29, 2013

Holiday Grand Plan - Week 5 - All Dogs Go To Heaven


Holiday Grand Plan

It's Week 5 of the Holiday Grand Plan!  How's it going?  So far I am staying on top of my cooking tasks, actually purchased a few gifts this week, and am about 50/50 on the cleaning part.  I didn't make a dent in my bedroom last week, mostly because of our weekend out of town and the recovery process afterwards.  I'm hoping to get back on track and double down this week on the master bedroom and bath.  My bathroom is in pretty good shape since we just remodeled last year, and so much got thrown out or organized in that process.  We'll see!

A tip for saving money and supporting friends with their own small businesses:  I went to the open house of a Lia Sophia rep I know.  With the special deals, I ended up with four great gifts at a deeply discounted price.  I'm also happy to support my friend who is working to bring home some extra income.  Other great home based business that make my holiday shopping easy include Pampered Chef (though I don't know a rep anymore, so have to keep an eye out for a party), and Thirty-One.

My freezer meal for the week is going to be meatballs in homemade marinara sauce.  I will make a giant batch - this is great to have stashed away for a last minute spaghetti dinner, meatball subs on a busy night, or a meal to bring to a friend.  Also, I think it tastes better after a night in the fridge or after being frozen than it does on the day I make it. 


This week, in honor of the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi this Friday, we're stocking the freezer with all kinds of homemade dog treats so that George and Daisy don't suffer a critical shortage during the holidays.

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...